Intellectual Property & Technology
Our team comprises lawyers who specialise in, and are subject matter experts in, intellectual property and technology (IP & T) law.
Our expertise includes advising Australian and foreign clients on the management, protection, commercialisation and enforcement of IP and strategies for its use for value creation.
We advise on a broad range of matters including:
- Trade mark searching, applications, prosecution and enforcement
- Licensing of all forms of IP including trade marks, patents, designs, plant breeders’ rights and copyright
- Structuring, drafting and advising on commercial contracts relating to IP including assignments, commercialisation, research and development and technology transfer
- Confidential information and trade secrets
- Data and privacy issues including advising on data protection, spam, cyber security and privacy law issues.
Our team works with a number of clients in the technology sector from start-ups, investors and SMEs to ASX listed companies and universities
We have extensive experience in advising clients on a range of technology agreements including managed services agreements, cloud services agreements, software licences, software development agreements and software and hardware acquisition agreements (including support and maintenance) and system integration agreements.
For further information, please contact Stephanie Rowland.